Tel: (210) 225-4031
Fax: (210) 222-0586
Matt Badders represents and advises property owners, business owners, trustees, and executors. As a San Antonio native, his deep understanding of San Antonio and South Texas provides a unique advantage in advising clients. In addition to his professional qualifications in these practice areas, Mr. Badders is a property manager, investor, and fiduciary. He provides clients the same advice and counsel that he personally follows with proven results, and his clients appreciate his understanding of the law as well as his keen business acumen. Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Badders was a Senior Vice President, trust officer, and fiduciary development officer for the largest publicly-traded bank headquartered in San Antonio.
- Trusts & Estates
- Real Estate
- Corporate and Business
- State Bar of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas
- U.S. Tax Court
- State Bar of Texas
- San Antonio Bar Association
- San Antonio Estate Planners’ Council
- Barrister, American Inns of Court, William S. Sessions Chapter
- Member, State Bar College
- University of Texas at Austin, J.D., 2009
- Trinity University, San Antonio, 2006
- Inside the Mind of a Trustee: The Importance of Understanding a Trustee’s Perspective, Advanced Estate Planning and Probate, TexasBarCLE, June 20, 2019
- Mock Eviction Trial, Alamo Real Estate Investors Association, March 14, 2019 [available on YouTube.com]
- Trusts for Real Estate Investors, Alamo Real Estate Investment Association, July 23, 2018.
- Introduction to Trusts and Types of Trusts, 2018 Texas Trust School, Texas Banker’s Association, Wealth Management and Trust Division, July 16, 2018.
- Tax Deadlines and Preparing, Coordinating, and Filing Returns, The Ultimate Guide to Probate, National Business Institute, June 15, 2018.
- When Immigration Issues and SNTs Collide, 14 th Annual Changes and Trends Affecting Special Needs Trusts, UT Law CLE, February 16, 2018.
- Hindsight is 20/20: Getting Families to Spend More Time Planning Ahead, 12 th Annual Changes and Trends Affecting Special Needs Trusts, UT Law CLE, February 5, 2016.
- What is a Trust?, EliteAttorneySA magazine, May/June, 2016.
- Ethical and Fiduciary Issues in IOLTAs, Mentoring Committee, San Antonio Bar Association, November 13, 2013.
- Board of Governors, Plaza Club
- Board of Directors, Family Violence Prevention Center, Inc.
- Founder’s Council, Texas Biomedical Research Institute
- Best Lawyers in San Antonio (Trusts & Estates, Corporate Counsel) Scene Magazine (Numerous years)
- Rising Star Among San Antonio Lawyers (2015-present)
- National Eagle Scout Association