The attorneys at Drought, Drought & Bobbitt have immense experience. While this claim is easy to make, we are also pleased to demonstrate it. When you are involved in litigation or potential litigation, you need to know that your attorneys are successful, experienced, and have the expertise it takes to handle your issues. These are, or should be, at the top of your list of desired attributes for a San Antonio lawyer.
Our Cases Reflect Our Experience
Again, experience forms one leg of the three critical attributes of a great lawyer. One way to demonstrate experience is by a review of actual cases that the attorney has handled. Sometimes, you can complete such a review by looking at his or her public record. Below is a list of reported appellate decisions that our attorneys have litigated through the trial courts and in various Courts of Appeals. For each of those cases, there are many more that were resolved through trial but were not appealed or that were settled.
You’re In Good Hands
The attorneys at Drought, Drought & Bobbitt have successfully navigated appeals in the:
- United States Supreme Court
- Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Texas Courts of Appeal
- California Courts of Appeal
- North Dakota Courts of Appeal
- Texas Supreme Court
Often, the cases we handle are very serious, contentious matters that begin during the trial court litigation and last throughout the appellate process. Through our years of litigation and appellate experience, we have gained the expertise to offer our clients the highest-quality legal services.
Our litigators handle serious matters and do so with close attention to you and your case. If you would like additional information about the experience of our attorneys, please check out our attorneys and read through their biographies.
Published Court of Appeals’ Decisions
Below are several links to a few of the more than 100 published Court of Appeals’ decisions that we have handled. From these written opinions, you can see the serious type of cases we handle and just some of the successes our clients have enjoyed.
- City of Boerne v. Flores, 521 U.S. 507 (1997)
- Flores v. City of Boerne, Tex., 73 F.3d 1352 (5th Cir. 1996)
- Paradigm Oil, Inc. v. Retamco Operating, Inc., 372 S.W.3d 177 (Tex. 2012)
- Retamco Operating, Inc. v. Republic Drilling Co., 278 S.W.3d 333 (Tex. 2009)
- Vela v. GRC Land Holdings, Ltd., 383 S.W.3d 248 (Tex. App. – San Antonio 2012, no pet.)
- In re Estate of Denman, 270 S.W.3d 639 (Tex. App. – San Antonio 2008, pet. denied)
- Beaudoin v. JB Mineral Servs., 2011 ND 229, 808 N.W.2d 671, 673, reh’g denied (Jan. 12, 2012)
- Retamco Operating, Inc. v. Carone, 267 Fed. Appx. 625 (9th Cir. 2008)
- Rozelle v. Fellows, No. 04-07-00600-CV, 2008 WL 4809214 (Tex. App. – San Antonio, Nov. 5, 2008)
- Ramirez v. Mansour, No. 04-06-00536-CV, 2007 WL 2187103 (Tex. App. – San Antonio, Aug. 1, 2007)
- Cartwright v. Cologne Production Co., 182 S.W.3d 438 (Tex. App. – Corpus Christi 2006, pet. denied)
- Fair Operating, Inc. v. Mid-Continent Cas. Co., 193 Fed. Appx. 302 (5th Cir. Aug. 1, 2006)
- In re Estate of Wallace, No. 04-05-00567-CV, 2006 WL 3611277 (Tex. App. – San Antonio, Dec. 13, 2006)
- In re Mask, 198 S.W.3d 231 (Tex. App. – San Antonio 2006)
- Cargo Partnership v. AMG Acquisitions, Inc., 2005 WL 2989301 (Tex. App. – San Antonio 2005, no pet.)
- Sanchez v. Archdiocese of San Antonio, 873 S.W.2d 87 (Tex. App. – San Antonio 1994)
Reprinted from WestlawNext with permission of Thomson Reuters. If you wish to check the currency of these cases, you may do so by using KeyCite on Westlaw at www.westlaw.com.